Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming the music video

          Filming our music video was a hassle for everyone because it was hard finding an ideal day for everyone to meet up. We all agreed to Saturday but I had a personal emergency I had to handle so I wasn't able to attend. I felt really guilty for letting my team down, but there was nothing I could do I had to handle some personal situations. Despite the fact that I wasn't able to come, my group still filmed parts of the music video. They got together at a friends house because she had the perfect setting for our song. Her house had a bar and a place for a fire. Since I wasn't there they had to act and film our scenes. They went back and forth between the camera and acting. The main characters were two lovers, a male and a female. They met at a bar and immediately things go great. After a couple scenes things quickly escalate and fall apart. After filming the scenes they quickly realized that the camera quality was not the way we wanted it. We plan on re-shooting the scenes. It was a coincidence that the scenes didn't come out well and that I couldn't act in them. We had to improvise and come up with a solution. So we decided to have a day to re-shoot. It all works out because we get to re-shoot with me in the music video. I still have to discuss with my group what part they want me to play in the film. We previously discussed me being the main male actor in our video. I would play the lead role and act out all the song lyrics. This would be a challenge for me though because I wasn't there when they originally filmed. I would also to have rehearse and learn everything I need to do. We were trying to figure out a planned day to re-film but we are still indecisive. Our new filming day will most likely be Tuesday though. We will all go after school to our friends house and record our video. We want to make sure everything is perfect and just the way we want it. Since we have thanksgiving break coming up, the opportunity to meet up together again is very unlikely. We all live fairly far from each other. None of us drive either so we have to ask our parents for a ride. This makes it even worse because not everyone's schedule is the same. Although everything may not be in our favor we will try out best to make things work and produce the best video we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...