Monday, December 2, 2019

Actually filming the music video

My group and I got the opportunity to meet up during thanksgiving break to film our music video. It was such a relief to finally meet up. We previously couldn’t film because I had a personal emergency the weekend prior to our break. We went to our friends house after school, where we would film. Our friend, Mariapaula took us to her house and took part in our video. Her house was an ideal setting because of it’s accessories. The song we decided on using is “We Are Young” by Fun. The lyrics are about a male and a female in a bar. This was perfect for our video because Mariapaula’s house has a countertop and a kitchen similar to a bar. We also filmed during the evening to give off the vibe of a bar. Everyone in the film dressed accordingly to fit our roles. I wore dark colors. I dressed up in a black sweatshirt, black ripped jeans, and black shoes. I was the main character in the film. We began our music video with me walking into a bar hesitantly. I was not sure if I should go in, but I did anyways. As soon as I walk in I see my lover, Mariapaula, across the bar. I want to go sit with her, but there’s already a man wearing sunglasses next to her. The next scene immediately cuts to her coming up to me angrily. We begin to argue and bicker with each other. She keeps getting in my face while I try defending myself. The lights soon turn off and after having one to many drinks she falls into my arms. After I help her up we look into each other’s eyes in a romantic way. The video then cuts to three other multiple scenes including confetti, a bond fire, and the sun. We spent almost all night trying to perfect every scene. We had to reshoot a multitude of scenes till we had the quality we wanted. Just filming took us about 4-5 hours total. To add on, we used tons of props like shot glasses, beverages, and bar chairs. I had so much fun acting in our video because of how much I enjoy the song. It was also a relief for me to finally finish our film and not have to worry about it anymore. It was extremely difficult for all of us to come together because of our different schedules. We found a way to make it happen and we were all happy with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...