Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing blog: Actually editing

Prior to my peer review I had the opportunity to edit my film. After filming I had multiple clips of my scenes. I choose the ones that I thought were the best. I also choose the ones that I thought meshed well together. Editing my movie was not as easy I thought it would be. There are many things you have to take into consideration. Transitions, effects, and sounds are some of these essential parts to editing your film. I wasn’t really familiar with editing, because this was my first time really doing it myself. I utilized the iMovie app to help me edit everything together. If I’m being honest I had to search up how to fully use the program to its full ability. I had to learn to shorten scenes and increase audio. I used multiple transitions, effects, etc. I used fade-in, fade-out, slide, wipe, and other transitions to change from scene to scene. The different transition also helps emphasize the change in time, and smooth change in scenes. I also used a black and white effect to help demonstrate time change. The difference in color resembles a flash back in time that the main character is having. I also increased the sound of most scenes, because of the diegetic sound affecting dialogue. You could barely hear the actors speak, because of all the wind and sound in our vicinity. All in all, editing was very challenging, but I eventually got the result I wanted. There is still more I have to add, but with my first result I’m happy with the outcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...