Monday, March 9, 2020

Filming blog: Actually filming

Days prior to my peer review assignment, I had the opportunity to film my movie. Everything went smoothly and efficiently. I got to the park and began setting everything up. I also found different places to my camera to capture different angles, shots, etc. I couldn’t have asked for a better day to film. The weather was perfect with lots of sun and clear skies. Another great thing was the basketball court was empty. We had a lot of time to get the film done and do everything. I began with my opening scene with a low angle of my feet walking. As I’m walking I begin to dribble the basketball between my legs. The next scene is of me walking on to the basketball court. I have multiple flashbacks with a passed loved one. After each flashback I would come to reality and mimic basketball moves. Keep in mind all of this is before a big basketball game. The main character is just reminiscing on past times. He feels a deep pain and sorrow for the person he loves that’s no longer alive. He’s comforted by his sister as she comes in a later scene. Him and her share a loving sibling moment. In retrospect, the film came together amazingly. There are some things I need to change here and there, but for my first shooting it went better than I expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...