Thursday, November 7, 2019

Actually editing the commercial

So my group and I finally got to start editing our commercial on Monday. After all the frustration and built up anger we we’re relieved. Especially me I was probably the most emotional about the whole situation. So Rafael was the main person in charge of editing our film. Emily helped Rafael by cutting down the length of our film. She also suggested the footage we used. The original time length of our commercial was about a minute and thirty seconds. The final cut needed to be about 30 seconds. So when they finished cutting everything down I began to edit. I contributed by doing most of the audio and sound effects. We used pinnacle studios as our program to edit. Our acting was not good as professionals, but I think we did the best we could. It was some what cheesy and embarrassing for me to watch, because of the typical movie actors I’m used to watching. Although our commercial was an informational and serious film, a lot of the acting was quite funny. I added audio that I thought matched each scene well. For instance, I retrieved the background music that played during the conversation between the boys. The name of the song is called ‘Dansez — Fashion’. The music lightened up the mood in a sense. The beat was also very catchy making you want to bounce with it. Another piece of audio I obtained was the sound effect for when boy 1 pulls out the vape. The effect made it seem like the vape was special and unique. That’s why boy 2 responds with a confused tone. Another sound effect I retrieved was the audio used when the principal looks at the vape in the boys hand. It made the viewers feel like boy 2 was in serious trouble. It’s an iconic effect used in a lot of videos and movies. A lot of content creators use this sound effect. Most  of the sound effects and audio I found was hard to mesh together though. So instead of me putting together choppy audio I let Rafael put the audio together. He smoothened everything out and made it flow. That’s how my ground and I formed our final cut for the commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...