Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Kind of editing the Commercial

Class on Friday we dumped all our footage onto a computer expecting to begin filming. To my surprise our technology was not working. The editing program we utilize wasn’t working for anyone in the class. It was a complete disaster and chaos. We tried all we could, but there was little to nothing we could do. Because of the lack of ability to edit our commercials my group and I all had to set back our schedules. Dumping our scenes on the class computers was pointless. We transferred all the files to an usb drive and took it home for the weekend. Rafael wanted to begin the film process at home over the weekend, but we ran into another problem. We lost some of our scenes from transferring files.
Tuesday when I arrived in class Rafael broke the news to the group. We had yet another problem added to our list. The amount of frustration I was feeling was unimaginable. All the work we had put in had been going to waste. We filmed scenes that we weren’t able to use. We had to reshoot different scenes and take time out of our editing process. My group and I checked the equipment out and got straight to filming the missing scenes. We then realized I was missing props such as my backpack. I had to improvise and keep shooting the scenes. We changed things that we were able to and left things that we couldn’t alone.
We also had to film without a tripod because the one we received was missing a piece. Even though it was tedious to reshoot everything we got the job done. I had to act out extra scenes to help the flow of the commercial and help everything mesh together. Our group went back to class and began using a computer. Running into another problem that the editing program was never fixed over the weekend. So we weren’t able to edit our footage at all. Also, we still don’t know when we are going to be able to edit. Even though we couldn’t edit in class Rafael suggested that he will try and edit some of the scenes at home. At this point my whole group including me was beyond infuriated with the lack of ability to complete our assignment. Hopefully next class we’ll get an opportunity to finish working on our commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...