Sunday, October 27, 2019

Filming the Commercial

          When filming our commercial I performed a multitude of different actions. My part in our commercial was to be an actor and to help brainstorm ideas. I would suggest different scenes, angles, and shots to my group members. We obtained our equipment and ventured to the upstairs media bathroom. The bathroom was crowded with to many people so we had to resort to our back up plan. We decided to film at the downstairs bathroom where it was more convenient. I began setting up the camera and tripod, but soon realized that a piece of our equipment was broken. Nothing seemed to be going my way. I had to go back to my class and replace the broken parts. After I finally had the proper equipment we began filming.
            My group members and I initiated filming our scenes. I started off reciting my lines from the script, but the lines didn’t seem realistic. I decided to improvise and alter my lines from the script. We previously created a storyboard, but we added various little details to help improve our commercial. My teammate recorded me multiple times, because we wanted each scene to be perfect. I went back and forth speaking to my cast member during the film. The basis of our commercial was a conversation between me and my group member about vaping. The filming was tedious, because of the constant amount of people going in and out of the restroom. I had to do every scene quickly, while doing it to the best of my abilities.We'd have to re-shoot an abundance of scenes, because of the different sounds and people getting in the camera's view.
               We planned on filming all of our scenes in one day, but because of all the minor setbacks we were not able to finish. We split our filming into two days. Wednesday we filmed the majority of our commercial, while Friday we finished everything up. I played one of the two boys in the film. My character was a young teen who was influenced by a peer to try vaping. I was peer pressured to vape and eventually had to pay the consequences for it. I was caught vaping by my peer who was the principle in our commercial. I thought I did an exceptional job acting, and buying into my character. After reviewing all the scenes at the end I was happy with my performance, how I acted everything out. Although the filming process didn't go as smoothed as I liked my group members and I were able to complete our commercial. We were pleased with the final result, and proud of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...