Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of the final task

Hello my name is Angelo, I'm fifteen years old and I attend Fort Lauderdale High School. I'm in the Cambridge Program which is a program that consist of various difficult college level classes that prepare me for the next level. If I complete the program by passing seven AICE classes and getting my AICE diploma I will receive a Bright Futures Scholarship. This year I am taking 3 AICE classes. I take AICE English Language, AICE Media Studies, and AICE European History. These courses are extremely vigorous and time consuming. I have to spend a lot of time and effort studying and doing work for these classes. In the end i'm hoping it will pay off, and help me pay for my college expenses. Besides academics I play Basketball for my school. Balancing academics and sports is extremely challenging, but so far it's been working out. My grades are where I want them to be, even though I want to do better, and I'm performing relatively well in Basketball.
In my AICE Media Studies class, I've learned a multitude of information about film and film making. I've never known how intricate the film industry actually is. There's a plethora of fascinating things I didn't know about filming such as camera angles, shots, techniques, etc. Creating videos and movies is a lot harder than just holding a camera at people talking. You actually have to edit your footage, plan, and an abundance of other things just to get the final product. All of the techniques and information I've learned in this class is going to be extremely helpful for my final task, and I'm extremely excited to use what I've learned. I plan on using tons of different camera angles, shots, and editing. I also plan on adding different sound effects and music to enhance my final product. The class has taught me how to efficiently plan my project and execute what I have planned. My goal is to have a perfect final project using all the knowledge I've obtained.
A Pitch is a short verbal presentation describing your film to someone that you need support from. For instance, a producer, a director, or a financial aid. I brain stormed three pitch ideas. The initial pitch is about a young teen basketball player, who just recently lost someone who he dearly loves. He has a basketball game, and decides to dedicate his entire game to the person he's lost. My second pitch is about a young kid who's been getting bullied and gets peer pressured into doing the wrong things. He goes down a bad path leading to horrific experiences, and how he deals with them. My last pitch is about a kid who separated from his mother in the middle of the city. He roams the city looking for his mom and he goes through a lot just to see her again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...