Friday, January 17, 2020

The final pitches

After bringing all my pitches together I know I had to narrow my pitches down to two. I decided to keep my pitches about Basketball, and a kid being separated from his mother in a city. I thought these two were the most creative and exciting ideas out of the three. The third pitch was very cliche and average in my opinion. I see tons of movies and films about kids being bullied in school and other places. The pitch about Basketball seem very interesting to me, because of the versatility of the idea. I can add so much intensity and suspense to the film with a great story line. To add on, the idea of a kid lost in a city is very versatile also. I can film all the natural things around him and all the obstacles he faces. Both are very good pitches so it was easy to narrow these two down to my final options.
My first pitch about Basketball is an amazing option for this assignment because of the dozens of ways I can make this film. A story line about a young teen losing someone he loves and playing a basketball game soon after. He goes through multiple memories between him and his loved one. Without a doubt, this idea is different from many of the other ideas I've seen and have been hearing about. I plan on both filming and acting in this film so this may be tedious. On the other hand, I will have assistance from one of my friends so at least I won't be alone. My plan is to include a flashback of a memory of the him and the person he's just lost. He'll be emotional, but can't be sulking forever, because he has a basketball game. The game is going to be close so the film will be eye grabbing and suspenseful for the audience. It'll include both sad and dramatic effects to help portray the emotion of the film.
My second pitch is also a great option which is about a kid who's separated from his mom in a city, and has to find his way back to her. This a fantastic option for this assignment, because it wouldn't need a lot of props or items for me to use. I could just go to a local city and film. Everything would be as realistic as it gets, there would be tons of natural lighting and diegetic sounds that would compliment the film. The only downside is that I would need other actors to act in my film, because of the story line. Also, when and where will drastically affect how the film comes out. The circumstances have to be almost perfect for the film to come out the way I want it to. All together this pitch is one of my favorites out of all the ones I came up with.
In retrospect, I have came to the consensus of one final pitch that I've decided on. All in all, I believe that the Basketball pitch is the best fit for me and this assignment. It represents who I am as a person, while providing an exciting film to watch. This is by far, the most I've been excited for an assignment, and I can't wait to see how my final result comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...