Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title Website



I'm using this website because of the information and knowledge I can obtain from it. From the outside it seems like a credible and well organized site for me to use. It gives a multitude of title sequences from a variety of movies. I personally need to create my own title sequence for my film, so I thought this website would be a great opportunity to come up with ideas. The website provides a diverse range of genres for me too choose from. While looking at different title sequences in the drama genre I realized all drama films have similarities. Most directors make the title sequences very loud and pop out to viewers. It's only fitting because it is a dramatic movie. All the images involved in the sequences are all usually related to what the movie is about. The graphics are mostly digital, but occasionally are real life actors. Additionally, I also realized that not all people involved in the film have a title. For instance, in some sequences I viewed famous actors usually just had their name on the screen, because there really isn't a need to introduce them. On the other hand, often times films will include titles such as: directed by, edited by, etc. Furthermore, many of the films will have scenes before they introduce their title sequences. They also use slow motion and speed ups to emphasize participants in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audience and Institution Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied                 Year after year billions and billions of dollars i...